Havemeyer Hall is devoted to the application and study of Chemistry, with a strong emphasis on research. Pioneering research conducted here led to the discovery of deuterium, for which Harold Clayton Urey received the Nobel Prize in 1934. Six others who did research here subsequently received the Nobel Prize, including Irving Langmuir, the first industrial chemist to be so honored in 1932. Room 309, the grand lecture hall in the center of Havemeyer remains the signature architectural feature of Charles Follen McKim’s original design. It has been prominently featured in over a dozen films.