Today while walking up Amsterdam Avenue, I knew I sensed something new and exciting in the air. I looked down at my phone to check the date and realized it’s Orientation Week for our new Seeples! On behalf of all of Admissions and Financial Aid, welcome home to Morningside Heights! We are so happy you are here.
While you’re in the process of getting acclimated to your new routine and home, I want to bring back some blog posts written with the last year that may be helpful during your first few weeks here.
- The Ultimate Guide to SIPA Lingo written by yours truly! While you may be a seasoned professional at this point or need a refresher, look no further.
- Popular Hang Out Spots Near Campus. If you’re looking for a local spot to grab a drink or snack with some new friends, we got you covered.
- Favorite Study Spots on Campus. With classes starting next week, it’s always good to plan ahead where you may be doing your homework.
- Discounts and Free Perks of Being a Columbia Student. Make sure to take advantage of the student discount options locally; we know how NYC can be expensive!
- Tips and Tricks for Getting Around NYC. Getting used to the NYC transportation system can be tricky but this post is written by a native New Yorker so he will guide you through. Additionally, a reel from an Instagram Live in April that talks about getting around NYC!
We hope you enjoy your Orientation Week and the first week of classes!