Whether you’re a prospective, admitted, or current student, communicating effectively with Admissions is extremely important! I have curated a list of different tips to help with connecting to the Admission and Financial Aid Teams.
- Always provide your first (preferred name if applicable) and last name in every communication to our office! We see a lot of people forgetting to write or say who they are and want to be able to pull up your information.
- Use the same email address throughout all your communication with our team and when applying. This email address should be one you check frequently as we send a lot of pertinent information via email.
- When calling the office or leaving a voicemail message, state your name as you applied, speak clearly and slowly, and leave a telephone number for us to call back.
- When applicable, always provide your application ID number in emails or voice messages; this helps us identify you easier.
- Avoid copying several parties on the email.
- Do not create multiple applications. All we need is one!
- Make your emails to the point – no need for anything super long; sweet and to the point is perfect.
- Familiarize yourself with the FAQ page; this page is home to our most popular questions so you can find a lot of great information on there.
- If you mail something to our office, use a private mail courier.
- Please do not write emails like text messages; avoid slang like “lol” or “thx” or even typing like “how r u?”
- Subscribe and read this blog! There’s a blog post for almost everything. If there isn’t one, let us know! We are always creating content that is best for our students.
- Say thank you! We have many program assistants, coordinators, and counselors who are answering your emails and calls.
I hope this will be a good foundation for starting or continuing your conversations with our office! Happy emailing!