Following up on my last post with tips for strengthening your application (which you can find here), here are some helpful SIPA Admissions blog posts on the application process. When I was applying to graduate schools, I spent a lot of time surfing the SIPA Admissions blog. These are my favorite posts that helped me with my application:
- Admissions Director Shares the Top 3 Mistakes in a Grad App Personal Statement
- Personal Statement: What We Look For
- A Common Mistake with Personal Statements: Being Overly Romantic
- Tips for Writing Your Personal Essays: Time to Find Your Cornerstone
- Things to Avoid if Writing About the COVID-19 Pandemic
- What’s in an App: Personal Statement
- About the Optional Diversity Essay
- Use the Optional Essay to your Advantage
- What’s in an App: Optional Essay
- Some Advice on the Optional Essay Prompt
- Asking for Recommendations
- How to Ask for Recommendation Letters
- How to Plan for Your Recommendation Letters
Quantitative and Language Resume
- Surviving (and Thriving) the Video Essay
- What’s in an App: Admissions Video Essay
- For Those of You with Video Essay Issues
GRE/GMAT (remember that it is not required for the 2022 application):
- You Can Waive the GRE/GMAT Requirement Now. But Should You?
- 4 Tips to Ace the GRE
- Niara’s Advice on Preparing for the GRE
- Tips for Managing Stress During the Application Process
- Do’s and Don’ts on Your SIPA Application
- Planning – Start Early! 4 Things Applicants Should Do Now
- Planning – Struggling to Plan for Applications? Here’s My Timeline.
- The Waiting Game – The January 5th Deadline Has Passed. What Happens Now?
- Communicating with SIPA – 3 Tips for Efficient Communication with Our Office
I hope these articles are as useful for you as they were for me when I was applying! Also, remember that if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to the Admissions team. We are here to help you!