Educational scholarship funds from grants administered by the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago are available for Jewish college and graduate students. Approximately $500,000 is available each year for full-time students, predominantly those legally domiciled in the metropolitan Chicago area, with career promise in their chosen fields. Assistance is available primarily for those with FINANCIAL NEED who are pursuing careers in the helping professions. Scholarships range from $1,000 to $8,000.
JVS Chicago processes academic scholarship applications from eligible students who have financial needs that cannot fully be met by other appropriate resources. Please complete the correct forms according to your status.
The deadline to apply for a scholarship for the 2017-2018 academic year is February 1, 2017.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please call the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago at 312-673-3444 or email at email@example.com.
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are Jewish
- Were born and raised in Chicago metropolitan area*, including Lake County, Indiana; OR one continuous year of full-time employment in the Chicago metro area prior to enrollment
- Intend to remain in the Chicago metropolitan area after completing school
- Are entering an accredited graduate program in a helping profession on a full-time basis for the full 2017-2018 academic year OR
- Are entering your junior or senior years of an accredited bachelor’s degree program in a helping profession on a full-time basis for the full 2017-2018 academic year
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate career promise
- Are available for an in-person interview between March 1 and April 20, 2017
*Chicago metropolitan area includes Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry, and Will counties.
Learn more at http://jvschicago.org/scholarship.