The Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans provide opportunities for continuing generations of able and accomplished New Americans to achieve leadership in their chosen fields. The Program is established in recognition of the contributions New Americans have made to American life and in gratitude for the opportunities the United States has afforded the donors and their family.
The program of fellowships they shaped has the following characteristics:
- It honors and supports the graduate educations of 30 New Americans – permanent residents or naturalized citizens if born abroad; otherwise children of naturalized citizen parents — each year.
- At the time of their selection, fellows must be college seniors or early in the graduate programs for which they request support.
- Each fellow receives tuition and living expenses that can total as much as $90,000 over two academic years.
- Fellows can study in any degree-granting program in any field at any university in the United States.
- Fellows are selected on the basis of merit – the specific criteria emphasize creativity, originality, initiative and sustained accomplishment — in annual national competitions. Candidates apply directly. The program does not depend on recommendations from universities or regional screening. Neither financial need nor distributive considerations are taken into account in the selection process.
- Each fellows attends two weekend conferences of fellows. The great majority continue to be involved with the program through regional dinners, service in the selection process for later classes, etc.
Applications are available on their website: http://www.pdsoros.org/forms/. The completed application must be submitted via the online applications system or postmarked by NOVEMBER 8, 2013.
For more details, please contact the Soros Program:Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans 224 West 57th St New York, NY 10019 Tel: 212-547-6926 Fax: 212-548-4623 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.pdsoros.org