Last year we reopened the Spring term option for our MIA and MPA candidates interested in getting a head start to the year. It was well received due to it’s smaller size and timing. With the success of the class and the number of interested prospective candidates, we will keep offering Spring admissions. So if you’ve been worried that Spring would no longer be an option, don’t despair, it’s here to stay.
Our Spring candidates were a little older than our fall candidates and with that they came into the program with a bit more experience. It probably also explains the preparedness for the ones we admitted and enrolled. The shorter time line from when an applicant applies, receives an admission decision, deposits, enrolls for classes, and start classes calls for someone who knows what they want to study, have done their research on programs available in the spring, have visited the schools, spoken with admissions counselors, students, alumni, faculty, etc extensively, and have made financial arrangements to be here … all in a matter of a few short months.
So for all those who know that they want to be at SIPA and are ready to begin the next chapter of their lives… We offer you Spring 2014. The application is available now — earlier than expected… if you’ve been patiently waiting (thank you) for the Spring application to open, you have to wait no more. Click here and explore.
SIPA MIA/ MPA Spring 2014 Admission timeline:
- August 6: Application goes live
- October 15: Application deadline
- December 2: Decision Notifications; however, Spring applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, which means if you submit a completed application before the deadline, then you will receive a decision earlier — great for candidates who need to know sooner rather than later.
- December 14: Deposit Deadline
- January 15 & 16: Mandatory Orientation
- January 21: Classes begin