External fellowship — Boren Fellowship for U.S. citizens

Are you thinking about applying to SIPA as an international dual degree candidate or are you already enrolled as a student here but plan to study abroad?  You may be eligible to apply for a Boren Fellowship.

You are eligible to apply for a Boren Fellowship if you are:

  • A U.S. citizen at the time of application
  • Either matriculated in or applying to a graduate degree program at a U.S. college or university located within the United States and accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.  Boren Fellows must remain matriculated in their graduate programs for the duration of the fellowship and may not graduate until the fellowship is complete.
  • Planning an overseas program that meets home institution standards in a country outside of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand.  Boren Fellowships are not for study in the United States.

Boren Fellowships are funded by the National Security Education Program (NSEP).  Boren Fellowships provide up to $30,000 to U.S. graduate students to add an important international and language component to their graduate education through specialization in area study, language study, or increased language proficiency.

For more information on the Boren Fellowships, click here.  The Boren Fellowship deadline is January 31, 2013.