A couple that I am friends with is having a baby soon and they have yet to choose a name. They were recently talking about lists they were Googling related to the most popular baby names.
That got me to thinking and I asked myself, “Self, why don’t you share the most common names of applicants to SIPA this year?” So in the first round, here are the most common female first names (top 10 by number) in the applicant pool this year, the males will come next week.
1. Elizabeth (20)
2. Jessica (18)
3. Tied at 15 each: Alexandra, Sarah
4. Jennifer (14)
5. Katherine (13)
6. Tied at 12 each: Emily, Laura
7. Stephanie (11)
8. Tied at 9 each: Amanda, Anna, Rebecca
9. Tied at 8 each: Julia, Maria, Nicole, Rachel
10. Tied at 7 each: Amy and Sara
And a random, useless piece of information – if I had been a girl my mother had chosen the name Jennifer for me.