One of the great parts about a SIPA education is having access to events that focus on issues that are shaping the policy world. With over 20 different institutes and centers focused on both regional and functional areas of study it is possible to see distinguished policy makers every week on campus. Today a discussion will take place concerning the upcoming Climate Conference scheduled to take place in Copenhagen.
SIPA, the Columbia Law School, and The Center of Energy, Marine Transportation, and Public Policy are sponsoring a panel discussion entitled, The Obama Administration’s Road to Copenhagen: Views from the Trenches.
The panelists are:
- Jody Freeman, Counselor for Energy and Climate Change the White House
- Lorie Schmidt, Senior Counsel US House of Representatives Energy and Commerce Committee
- Taiya Smith, Senior Associate, China Program Carnegie Endowment for Peace
- Stephen Eule, Vice President, Climate and Technology U.S. Chamber of Commerce Institute for 21st Century Energy
The moderators are:
- Prof. Albert Bressand, Executive Director, CEMTPP
- Prof. Michael Gerrard, Director, Center for Climate Change Law